Our client, a leader in the financial & technology space, is looking for a UI/Visual Designer on a 6+ month assignment. This person will join a dynamic UX Team that is responsible for designing desktop, tablet, and mobile applications.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong independent problem-solving skills, self-direction, and innovative thinking coupled with an aptitude and affinity for team collaboration and open communication. This individual is both analytical as well as highly creative, and consistently demonstrates superb design, writing and presentation skills. This individual fosters collaboration both inside and outside the team. This individual is confidently able to make deliberate design decisions and translate the intended user-experience into a beautiful and compelling visual design.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Factors, Design, or related field.
• 3+ years of experience in User Experience, Visual or Graphic Design
• Ability to collaborate closely with UX Designers, Product and Development teams.
• Create high fidelity screens based on wireframes
• Create design specifications for the development teams to use.
• Present and defend design choices based on fundamental design principles and your subject matter expertise.
Qualifications / Skills
• Understanding of design techniques and principles involved in translating conceptual prototypes and wireframes in high-fidelity designs
• Strong ability to communicate concepts and recommendations confidently to a variety of audiences.
• Thorough, methodical, and exhibits an extreme attention to detail
• Very strong verbal and written communication skills. Fluent in spoken and written English
• Strong problem solving skills and interpersonal skills
• Self-starter who is comfortable with minimal day-to-day guidance, expertly manages time
• Proficiency designing user Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch or other industry tools
• Experience working with SCRUM in an Agile environment a plus.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Design usable, visually appealing interfaces based on concepts provided by the UX designer.
• Work with the UX Designer to ideate, conceptualize and problem solve solutions for the UX.
• Create design specs and/or style guides for development teams to digest and utilize.
• Work with diverse team of product owners, UX designers, developers, and business partners in a fast paced environment, with quick iterative cycles