Title: UI Designer
Location: Los Angeles, CA (Pasadena/Highland Park Area)
Duration: 3 mo temp-to-hire
Availability Requirements: Full-time
We are looking for a Sr. UI/Visual Designer or Product Designer to join our client, a mid-level e-commerce company just North of DTLA. You will work alongside a team of designers including UX designers, other UI designers, graphic designers, web developers, and digital marketing specialists on desktop and responsive web projects.
- Desktop and responsive web design: in collaboration with other designers, complete hands-on visual and UI design from concept to completion
- Collaborate and communicate: you will present ideas to internal and external stakeholders
- Document: present the user interface visually so information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find
- Promotion: understand how to market and promote products and features so users understand what they're getting and what the benefits are
- A passion for the UI/Visual Design part of the UX process. This is more of UI/Visual Design focused role over UX Research and Analysis.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working in an agile environment
- 5 years of experience with Visual Design, UI Design, and/or Product Design
- No egos, team player
- Familiar with Usability and A/B testing
- Mobile first mindset and the skills and experience to back it up
- Experience working with UX Designer and translating wireframes into effective visual designs that bring the brand experience to life
- Leverages best practices, but isn’t afraid to push the boundaries and explore new design styles, interactions, solutions, etc.
- Experience designing outstanding web-based products for a consumer-oriented website, including e-commerce for web and mobile
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch).
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile, Android and iOS.
- Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process.
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships.
If you are interested, please apply with an updates resume and portfolio of examples
Who we are:
Vitamin T is a division of Aquent, a global leader in creative, digital, and marketing staffing. We are matchmakers between talented digital creatives and our clients in various markets throughout the US. If you’re looking for work on a freelance or temp-to-perm basis, we’re here for you!
Vitamin T will represent you within our established network and where you can enjoy the benefits of working hand-in-hand with an industry leaders, all while providing you with access to health/dental/vision/401k benefits. You also have the ability to participate in our awesome Talent Rewards program (Refer us a talented friend and we place them? You get paid!) http://www.aquent.com/rewards/ It’s pretty awesome.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Title: UI Designer