Vitamin T is partnered with a company who is seeking an experienced UI/UX Designer. This is an on-site position located in Houston, TX.
The UI/UX Designer will be focused on creating web and mobile interface designs and prototypes with total customer experience through their interaction/work processes.
• Maintain a user-centered approach in design perspective and practice.
• Work as a collaborative team member with business partners, developers, and fellow designers.
• Lead product design from discovery and framework through iterative development and delivery.
• Make strategic design and user-experience decisions that are applicable to core products and scalable for new products and features
• Take a user-centered design approach and very rapidly prototype test, and iterate your designs.
• Develop visual identity systems, data visualizations, visual design, illustrations, etc. Conduct user testing, interviews, and analysis.
• Work with product management and engineering to define product requirements and implement innovative and intuitive product designs and user interactions
• Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off working closely with business, product and engineering teams
• Identify existing product design problems and design elegant solutions
• Proven UI experience (3-5 or more years preferred)
• Demonstrable UI design skills with strong portfolio (experience designing data analytics and insights tools preferred)
• Expertise in UX software such as Axure, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer.js, Quartz, Sketch, Adobe CS
• Applicants with HTML5 and CSS3 skills will be given preference
• Ability to work with Product Managers to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs
• A solid grasp of user-centered design methodology, Usability and Accessibility
• Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
• Be open to receiving feedback and continuous criticism
• Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process