Top Entertainment client is seeking a UX Designer you will help us design, create, test, and iterate upon the next generation of responsive web and mobile products from both a UX/UI and production standpoint.
This is a 6 month temporary assignment with full benefits!
The role includes working closely with product managers, designers, developers, and internal and external partners to create user flows, wireframes, annotated comps, and interaction patterns, in addition to analyzing guest behavior and running usability tests to validate and inform design choices.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced, creative, collaborative, communicative, self-motivated designer with a thorough understanding of modern interaction design, responsive design, mobile design, design for web standards within an e-commerce platform, as well as a solid technical foundation with a working knowledge of CSS and HTML5.
- Partner with product managers, front-end engineers and other designers to build the most compelling and intuitive guest-driven experience solutions possible, inspired by fundamental usability principles and cutting-edge interactions
- Develop high-fidelity comps w/ behaviors for all responsive states
- Develop low-fidelity prototypes (wireframes, sketches) illustrating interaction patterns for usability studies, front-end engineering, or internal discussion
- Craft user flows that reveal design gaps and patterns in order to simplify and improve the guest's experience
- Modify and extend comps from external partners to ensure designs are ready for development (e.g. identifying and bridging any UX gaps, creating additional responsive states, supplying interaction patterns, annotations, etc)
- Monitor guest behavior and create, run, and evaluate A/B and usability tests to validate features and identity new opportunities for prototyping and testing
- Contribute to the continued evolution of the team’s workflows and processes to further improve quality and performance Basic Qualifications
- 3+ years’ experience designing responsive web and/or native apps
- Deep understanding of current technology trends and how they influence the guest experience
- Proficient in visual design programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch App
- Proficient in prototyping tools (e.g. Pen/Pencil & Paper, Keynote, InVision, Framer, Axure, After Effects, HTML/CSS/JS)
- Strong communicator with visual, verbal, and writing skills to clearly articulate complex design problems and solutions
- Adaptable to changing technology and restrictions, design challenges, deadlines, and project requirements
- Compelling portfolio demonstrating a variety of skills, processes, and projects
- Relevant Bachelor Degree or equivalent professional experience Preferred Qualifications
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience in the following industries: e-commerce, media
- Basic web development skills (HTML5/CSS3) for prototyping and design adjustments
- Knowledge of UX principles and strategies specific to e-commerce solutions, including purchase flows, user behaviors and preferences across devices, and personalized shopping experiences