AQUENT is partnering with one of our COOLEST clients to help them hire a UI/UX Designer. This team sits in McLean, VA near Tyson's Corner.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
The Team and Role
We’re looking for an experienced UI/UX design rockstar to help design features and applications around credit cards. You will work closely with a full cross-disciplinary team to devise research, strategy, and designs that establish the future vision of customer experience. This team is thinking big!
• A master craftsman. This isn’t your first rodeo. You’re a product design wizard (a humble one) that can confidently drive projects from research and strategy through detailed wireframe execution. You’ve got a whole arsenal of tools and techniques at your disposal that you dispatch appropriately depending on the customer and business goals. You rationalize and implement the design by bringing value, purpose, and utility to each UI detail. You have a sharp eye and sensibilities for typography, color, and animation.
• A systems thinker. You think larger than just the task at hand. You have lots of experience working within large and complicated web and product eco-systems with many touch points and channels. When you craft solutions, you’re thinking about how they will scale and fit within established systems and patterns. You combine design theory, best practices, and cognitive science to honor unifying design system. You often think about scalability and adaptability across products and platforms.
• Passionate. You are genuinely interested in what you do. You make it your business to know as much as you can about the people you are designing for and advocate for their needs within the business.
• A Customer Advocate. You cultivate a deep empathy for people and anticipate their needs. You help them to focus on what’s essential at the moment and advocate for their best interest.
• Collaborative. You enjoy working on agile teams with other designers, product managers and engineers. You’re a team player who puts the interest of the team above your own. You display a positive attitude, are open and enjoy contributing, which contributes to your respected leadership on the team.
• A successful juggler. You don’t get overwhelmed or flustered easily. You’re able to keep track of multi-projects at once, manage you and your teams time efficiently and appropriately communicate scheduling with the broader team.
What You’ll Bring:
• A design portfolio that highlights strong web experience developing design flows and interaction models.
• Solid UX experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, customer journey maps and site maps.
• Ability to quickly deliver multiple, inventive ideas that are fresh and simple while solving complex customer and business needs.
• Ability to work from low fidelity to high fidelity.
• Ability to create prototypes that showcase design concepts and interaction patterns.
• Ability to craft elegant and persuasive presentation and storytelling capabilities that create momentum and buy-in of your teams work from business stakeholders.
• Pro-active leadership style, driving strategy, and vision of your team while providing constructive feedback and empowering others.
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
• Research the latest technologies, best practices, and online trends to provide recommendations for the team.
• Proficiency with current design tools (Adobe CC, Sketch, Invision, etc)
• Experience leading and facilitating user research interviews. Ability to analyze results and report in a compelling, actionable way as well as lead cross-disciplinary synthesis and brainstorm sessions.
And here are three reasons why you might want to apply:
1. You want to be on a team full of practical people who want to do the best design of their lives AND not work more than a regular person should
2. You are too good to NOT be designing for millions of people who need your help everyday to understand, access, and manage their money better
Standard rates apply (i.e., free healthy snacks, infinite coffee + drinks, adjustable-height desks, Mac everything, foosball etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 4 years of experience with user experience (UX) design
- iOS Design experience for Native mobile applications, for either iPhone, iPad, or both.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Design or Human-Computer Interaction or Fine Art
- 4+ years of experience with user interface (UI) design
- 4+ years of experience designing digital products or
- 4+ years of experience with information architecture
- 4+ years of experience with prototyping tools