AQUENT is partnering with one of our COOLEST clients to help them hire a UI/UX This team sits in Vienna, VA near Tyson's Corner.
You’ll be part of a highly dynamic multi-disciplinary team that translates business strategies into a shippable commercial product that delights our customers. You’ll uncover real business problems, prototype low-fidelity ways of solving that problem, and then design full-scale experiences that serve millions of people every single day. You’re able to combine intelligent and easy-to-use experiences into beautifully executed visual designs to create a thoughtful, visually-striking, fully-functioning product. Not only do you know how to create beautiful things, but you are brave enough to cut everything if it’s not working. Reductive editing and a fierce focus on the most important parts of the experience is part of what defines your design philosophy.
In this role you will:
- Help research, conceptualize and validate the experience and interface of exciting mobile initiatives
- Use a human-centered design approach to take research findings and build out comprehensive IA wireframe and experience maps
- Collaborate with a dynamic and multi-disciplinary team of strategists, designers and developers to conceptualize, build and validate new product concepts
- Participate in all aspects of the design process to frame problems, define insights, create compelling visions, and make concepts and prototypes
- Drive design research initiatives and facilitate team consensus building around personas, pain points, and design implications
- Drive visual direction and strategy that further enhances ideal experiences and delights people along the way
Applies engineering or architectural principles to the design of buildings/structures and their components or assemblies. Prepares creative designs or related drawings or details; uses designs to develop specifications or estimates of materials needed.
1. Work hard to design the most personal experiences people have ever seen
2. Have real world experience in the native mobile environment
3. Teach the team what you know, and also be humble enough to learn from others
4. Use data to your advantage, and test the heck out of just about everything – whether on low-fidelity prototypes or high-fidelity design
5. Recognize the people around you when they’ve done something exceptional (because the same will happen to you)
6. Measure how well your designs are performing by being specific and purposeful in your work – your brain never stops asking the question “Why are we doing this again?” and you don’t rest until you’ve answered it
7. Don’t need constant supervision, reminders, or self-assurances – we’re all motivated, organized, self-starters
You need to have:
- 5+ years of experience with user experience (UX) design or - 5+ years of experience with user interface (UI) design
- 5+ years of experience designing digital products or 5+ years of experience designing omni-channel services
- 3+ years of experience creating prototypes
- 3+ years of experience with information architecture (IA)