· Advanced knowledge and understanding of UI/UX design principles, theories, concepts and techniques in website design, web hosting and production.
· Demonstrated experience to manipulate, enable and showcase advanced web content using the following languages:
· PHP (ASP, Java)
· WordPress (CMS themes and customization. Drupal – a plus)
· Knowledge of back-end database applications to organize content, create workflow tools, interactive forums / bulletin boards, etc. (MySQL, SQL server skills a plus.)
· Proven ability to plan, develop and design websites using advanced design tools and concepts, including reviewing and recommending new approaches to customers to improve web publishing requirements.
· “Sketch” digital design tool proficiency a plus.
· Provide consultation to customers regarding web publishing tools, functions, and services that will facilitate content, image, and project objectives.
· Works independently to manage projects, work closely with web services team, and interact with customer base.
· Knowledge of web browser compatibility (i.e., cross-browser compliance)
· Ensures that websites are in compliance with 508 ADA requirements and relevant Lab policies using scan software (ACC Verify)
· Advanced user status and fluency with graphics suite software, including Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, and Macromedia Flash (a plus)
· Extensive understanding and wide application of advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques in website layout and design production, including web graphics design.
· Experience designing websites with attention to mobile devices, UX and UI principles.
· Basic knowledge of web server administration (SSH / command line interface ability a plus)
· Proven ability to plan, develop and execute graphic design and layout assignments, including reviewing and recommending changes to customer requirements and ensuring quality of products to better serve Laboratory needs.
· Extensive experience in shepherding website production work through entire process.
· Respond to customer needs by creating solutions (i.e., scope, cost, schedule, etc.); address issues and troubleshoot problems to ensure effective web concepts.
· Create both original and standardized web designs; develop and execute website assignments; create non-standard approaches to address individual customer needs.
· Plan and coordinate website layout assignments with moderate visibility; review and recommend changes to customer requirements to better serve Laboratory needs.
· Customize templates and techniques to produce informational and descriptive websites; recommend changes to improve web-interface capabilities.
· Collaborate with customers to finalize web components (i.e., design, layout, images, content, function, etc.), workflow tools, and other interface characteristics.
· Shepherd websites through final stages of production; coordinate the finishing of projects; partner with external contractors where required to ensure timely delivery and quality of products.