Primary accountabilities require UI development with GWT and working on eclipse, maven and other standard Java practices. Required to work with service development team to understand the REST API and use them in UI. Developers will be troubleshooting cross browser issues and performance issues in browsers using developer tools. Provide direction and support to less experienced software engineers to orient them and increase their understanding of more complex software engineering. Developers will also be working with the offshore team and do code reviews, mentoring and other support. Position requires excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate with other teams, within the team and also to document the work done. Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
• A thorough knowledge and understanding of software development as typically obtained through the completion of a Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or a related field.
• Must have sufficient educational background and/or experience to qualify incumbent to work on most phases of software development.
• A minimum of 3 years of software development or experience in a related field is preferred.
• A general understanding and knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the software-development field is required.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with internal and external customers and department staff, as described above.
• Must possess the ability to communicate well with others, to perform work in a team environment, direct and act as a resource for less experienced software developers and relay necessary information as appropriate.
• A Bachelor's degree in related field or an equivalent combination of formal education and directly related experience is required
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience with browser developer/debugging tools
• Minimum of three (3) years of development/engineering experience with AJAX
• Minimum of three (3) years of development/engineering experience with Java
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience with development tools like Eclipse, version control
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience with application servers, frameworks, tools for Java
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience with agile development
• One or two years of experience in developing Rich Internet UI
• One or two years of experience with at least one major Java Script framework
• One or two years of experience with GWT
• One or two years of experience with Object Oriented Java Script
• One or two years of experience with HTML5