Listen up! There’s a revolution afoot in entertainment and education, and it’s with our client.
They are a perpetual innovator and are looking for a Design Technologist
to contribute to the growth and evolution of THE preeminent immersive media experience brand.
Your mission (and ours) is unique and powerful: fill hearts, minds, and souls with premium audio
content that enables learning and literate entertainment.
User Experience at our client's company:
Their user experience team (including design technologists) drives visual and interaction
design across all platforms and devices, ensuring the product experience renders seamlessly
and elegantly across familiar devices and those to come, taking into consideration the nuances
between native platforms. You will help create and define design-focused technology solutions
that deliver on cross platform product and service vision.
You’re eager to hack your way around platform limitations, tinker with concepts, and
think creatively in code, at the same time you are happy to contribute to existing front
end design frameworks and standards and deliver solid code to live environments.
You’re a detail oriented, pixel-aware, coder plus designer, open standards fanatic,
dedicated to supporting responsive development principles across a multi-platform
You’re a born collaborator, eager to work side-by-side with high performance
multidisciplinary designers and software engineers exploring the limits of audio content
discovery and consumption experiences.
• Create high fidelity prototypes and reference code to communicate complex design
concepts to the rest of the design team, as well as product and tech stakeholders.
• Work with visual and interaction designers to ensure compliance with key standards for current and future products and services.
• Work with design leadership and key stakeholders to prototype and to define user
concepts for next-generation user experiences.
• Work closely with Architecture, Engineering and QA to create successful ways of working
between Engineering and Design.
• Participate in the development of, implementation of and in turn evangelize a process for
design and engineering to work closely together on the rapid iteration of design concepts.
• Support development of intuitive, scalable, and engaging interactions and experience
designs for multiple platforms (web, mobile etc).
• Contribute to discussions with multiple stakeholders to incorporate design and technical
feedback appropriately with organizational and a user-centered focus.
• Fluency in best practices for mobile and web-based information architecture and design,
as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
• Stay current with the latest design and technology trends across web, desktop, and
mobile platforms (incl. web sockets, web workers, canvas, audio, video elements,
semantic elements & web fonts), with the ability to innovate within and extend current
technologies as appropriate.
jquery, extJS, Backbone) as a team member connected to a collaborative user
• The ability to work comfortably with minimum direction and in some cases without a
• Knowledge of user interaction principals, visual design principals, and strong problemsolving
• Experience with the Terminal (e.g., running commands and viewing results).
• Experience with code pre-processors (e.g., LESS, SASS/SCSS, Styl, CoffeeScript).
• Experience with front-end performance tools and principles (e.g., YSlow!, PageSpeed).
• Experience with web accessibility (e.g., CSS Media, Queries, Responsive Design, WAI-‐ARIA, WCAG 2.0).
• Understanding of animation/motion design, color theory, typography, composition and
iconography a plus.
• Experience building data and design driven prototypes and tools in Ruby, Python and
• Familiarity with the technical considerations required when designing for multiple
• A bachelor's degree in computer science, interaction design, or related UX degree is
• Samples of markup or code demonstrating relevant experience (e.g., Dribbble, Behance,
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs