AQUENT is partnering with an Industry Leading Client and one of their COOLEST managers to help them identify a UI Developer for their team in Dallas, TX.
The UI Developer will take ownership of projects from beginning to end, from gathering requirements through design, implementation, testing and deployment. This position requires interaction among stakeholders including Product Owners, UX Designers and Engineers/Architects. You will review the UI design and implementation with your peers, fix bugs and troubleshoot operational issues as they occur. This position will be challenged with exciting engineering problems while staying on top of the latest front-end trends, technologies and standards.
• The UI Developer's primary responsibility will be to work with the product and engineering teams to ensure that the interfaces of our products are simple and pleasingly usable.
• Work with the engineering team to develop features/functionality for our applications with a client-centered focus.
• Redesign existing UI's and implement new UI's for web, mobile and peripheral devices.
• Coordinate with Software Architect(s) to implement and optimize scalable framework for web applications.
• Set and enforce standards for interface development within the organization.
• Provide tools and training for developers & coordinate with third-party vendors/partners as needed.
• Research competing platforms and contribute to the product development process.
• Actively participate in QA process.
• Any challenges faced will be addressed collaboratively by the team with a balance of optimism, data, and realism.
• The ideal candidate will be part of the solution, and will be challenged to deliver at a very high level.
• 5-7 years of User Interface / Web Application Development experience.
• Building responsive design/mobile first approach a must have
• Expert knowledge of one or more technologies jQuery, EXT-JS or other "rich client"
• Experience working with Angular
• Experience developing mobile applications.
• Experience in Linux operating environments.
• Excellent problem-solving skills; strong communication and teamwork skills.
You may have a B.S in Computer Science or a related field, but more importantly, you are exceptionally good at your craft and have a portfolio to back it up.
***Must have professional work samples to share. (Github, personal site, etc.)