The UI Designer will be able to take functional and branding requirements and turning it into an amazing user experience. They will have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces. They will be responsible for interface layout and design, visual design, interaction design and establishing visual guidelines for a solution, within budgetary and/or time constraints. They will work with the UX Designer, Creative Designer, Solution Director, Project Manager and relevant technical stakeholders within the company, making sure the requirements are accurately translate requirements into system development.
Reporting To: Head of UX
- Work closely with internal development and design teams to ensure flawless integration with back-end technology and a great user experience
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off
- Conceptualise original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Be able and open to analysing the trade-offs between usability, creativity and performance needs
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Working with external customers to understand branding requirements through interviews and workshops
- Create hi-def mock-ups/concepts, prototypes and wireframes with visual layout tools such as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Be able to successfully engage in multiple projects/initiatives simultaneously
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Act as a resource for implementation troubleshooting, etc.
- Work with the web development and technical teams to meet technical requirements
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Able to demonstrate strong skills with leading design tools including Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- A good working knowledge of the project lifecycle for website development
- Ideally experience working as part of a team within a software development environment
- Willingness to travel to client sites as necessary
- Commitment to excellence and success
- The ability to self-motivate
- Excellent time management, organisational and multi-tasking skills.
- Enthusiasm and Passion.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs