START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT: 1 YEAR
LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO
** A FORTUNE 500 FASHION COMPANY IS LOOKING FOR AN EXCEPTIONAL ART DIRECTOR – UI DESIGN! **
The Art Director – UI Design reports remotely to the Senior Art Director in NY office. We are looking for a candidate with experience in information design and architecture (UI / UX), a focus on usability with strong design & type skills, and an interest in fashion to help support the look and feel of the website.
• Primary focus will be to participate in conceptualization sessions for quick prototyping with minimum supervision
• Partner with our UX, Producer and Development teams to translate business strategy into creative solutions
• Participate in brainstorm sessions and internal showcases to describe and design MVP capabilities
• Experience applying storyboards and sketching to communicate interaction design concepts
• Superior knowledge of current web-design trends and techniques (In-browser Design, Responsive Design, Grid Systems, etc.)
• Know how to define and proliferate design patterns to create and maintain a scalable and consistent site experience
• Constant drive to stay up-to-date with the latest industry technology and developments.
• Has a solid understanding of site functionality, architecture, intuitive user interfaces, and navigation
• Team player with roll-up-your-sleeves and get it done mentality
• Operates with a solid grasp of the brand’s aesthetic. Elevates and evolves the site aesthetic while supporting the overall brand direction
• Bachelor’s Degree – preferably in Communication Design or Graphic Design
• Web / Internet / Digital design experience
• Strong storyboarding and hand sketching skills preferred
• Proven skills as a usability expert
• Provide samples of impeccable web design sensibility
• Complete fluency in Adobe Creative Suite.
• Must have a solid understanding of designing intuitive interfaces
• Ability to execute on quick-turn project deadlines, while working both independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent attention to detail and strong communication skills
• Experience in mobile and/or app design
• Innovative design and typographic skills
• Knowledge of fashion and retail
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs