We are seeking a skilled UI Designer for our nonprofit client who is based downtown. Please take a look at the requirements and responsibilities:
- Create visual designs and interaction experiences for Common Sense’s websites, mobile, TV and other digital platforms to address: User, business, brand, and market requirements.
- Ensure brand consistency, contribute to our visual design guidelines.
- Produce high-quality prototypes, wireframes, and deliver final optimized design assets ready for development.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including UX researcher, other visual designers and creative director, marketing and engineering teams to ensure designs are feasible, scalable, and executed correctly.
- Comprehensive documentation for QA and design hand offs to engineering.
- Help establish and contribute to the continual improvement of our visual design and development process.
WHAT WE NEED TO SEE ON YOUR RESUME
- A bachelor's degree in visual design, or web/interaction design, or a related field.
- 3+ years of professional experience designing for responsive web user interface.
- Strong portfolio showcasing user interfaces and mobile first thinking.
- Exceptional attention to detail with respect to creating visual design concepts and assets.
- Ability to develop high-quality creative and concepts.
- Experience working with user experience researcher, product managers, interaction designers, editors and usability engineers.
- Familiarity with assisting in the gathering of customer research and insights, and/or developing test plans to aid in the design and presentation process.
- Excellent collaboration, problem-solving and issue-resolution skills.
- Top-notch communication, project management and presentation skills.
- Detailed knowledge of visual design tools including but not limited to Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Familiarity with development tools and HTML.
***THE X FACTOR*** You have a passion for product design and emerging interactive trends. You are self-directed and value collaboration as key to success. You have the skills to balance great design with short deadlines. You are a skilled communicator and relationship builder. Most importantly you are inspired by the Common Sense mission to help kids and families thrive in a world of media and technology.