Aquent is currently searching for a UI Designer for a client in Coppell, just NW of Dallas, TX. This position is also
The UI Designer is responsible for creating solutions that promote user adoption, self-service, and ease of use. You will work collaboratively with other teams taking a project from conception, through analysis, prototyping, visual design, finally to implementation ensuring the customers' view remains the focus.
You will be responsible for a number of products that have great volumes of data, frequent changes and require summarization and categorization with drill downs and expansions. The complexity and depth of the data require creative and innovative interactions for the users to understanding what they are viewing, analyzing and impacting. This multidiscipline position requires a technically savvy person that is equal parts: research analyst, information architect, interaction designer, and visual designer.
You will follow a user-centered design process, understanding real users - their goals, aptitudes, experiences, needs, and motivations. In this role you will approach design from a user-perspective and balance users' needs alongside business goals and technical capabilities. You will be working closely with product managers, their teams and software developers to determine necessary features and drive the design of products. You will play a key role in pulling together industry experts to gather requirements and develop solutions.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and deliver compelling, end-to-end user experience solutions for multiple products and platforms, from assessing and defining customer needs to delivering concepts, to prioritizing features, to presenting and evaluating prototypes, to validating user experience feedback.
- Develop site maps, navigation maps, page flows, sketches, conceptual designs, storyboards, usage scenarios, wireframes and prototypes.
- Work with UI Developers and Software Engineers, Project Managers and QA
- Lead customer focus groups
- Proven UI experience
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process