Our client is in search of a designer to join the product management team. As a designer, you will work on a variety of projects that touch customers across a variety of mediums. You’ll tackle all aspects of the design process from user research to physical and digital prototyping to helping tell the project story to our business partners. Whether your passion is crafting the perfect icon or making a prototype webpage that perfectly unfolds from mobile to desktop - we are reviewing applications across the entire spectrum of design.
Why is this role important?
On the product management team, they impact through producing experiences that touch customers throughout the cycle of homeownership. Their goal is to create work that resonates as desirable, feasible, and viable. Designers sit right in that sweet spot – caring about what people need, and making beautiful, engaging experiences for them. Working as core members of the team, you will help to design, and build, industry-leading products and services.
Once here you will…
• Work on projects that solve a variety of problems
• Collaborate with product managers, engineers and business partners with different backgrounds
• Conduct user research and translate insights into tangible designs
• Design and prototype websites, apps, and other digital experiences with human-centered insights and needs at their core.
• As an advocate of exceptional design, you will elevate ideas and interactions with beautiful and thoughtful creativity.
What does the client offer you?
The product management team is a place where you can solve complex challenges for the customers and the organization, alongside thoughtful, intelligent individuals who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism.
We certainly work hard, but we also like to have fun with ping pong and team events.
We encourage our community to bring their whole selves to work and respect the need for work-life balance. We provide you support and development throughout your time here, while allowing for autonomy in the design process and in your career.
Must-have experience and mindsets:
• First and foremost… you’re a great human-centered designer and you have a portfolio to showcase your work
• Experience working with team members from different backgrounds and integrating your design ideas with theirs
• Ability to design in multiple mediums and levels of interactivity
• Passion for design and learning new methods of designing customer experiences
• Mobile first design process and a portfolio demonstrating responsive design processes
• Curious mindset and enthusiasm for exploring new opportunities and design solutions
• Understanding of basic Human Centered Design philosophy, comfortable with ambiguity and pushing design methodologies
• Applied skills in real-world human problems (not just artistic or academic exercises). Designing solutions which are always grounded in some insight(s) about people
• Experience conducting user research and interviews
• Prototyping digital products, services and experiences in different fidelities and for different purposes
• Storytelling: Ability to tell compelling project stories to product managers, engineers and business partners
• Knowing what is possible to do with code and preferably being comfortable writing some of your own
• Past experience working with Agile development teams
• An associate’s degree in design coupled with some work experience in relevant field
• Solid grasp of standard design tools such as :
o Sketch and Invision
o Adobe Creative Suite