Our client, a well known consulting company, is looking for a UI Designer to join their Austin team. They are looking for someone who bleeds design, a person who knows that design is more than a language it is a way of thinking and connecting with our world. You have a love for all things digital and know the nuances between visual and cognitive design. You are a person who has a constant curiosity about the way we interface with the world and wonders how we could make it better.
This team is growing a rapid prototyping group to help support storytelling and proof of concept development for new business pursuits. This person will join a team of amazingly creative U/X designers, visual designer, writers and storytellers based in Austin, Texas and will also support a multi-disciplinary team spread across North America.
- Design beautiful and useful interfaces
- Bring empathy to visual design of any device, understanding the opportunities and challenges of the user
- Embrace agile and iterative processes
- Solve problems using UX best practices and techniques
- Think through every screen size, interaction state and component variation
- Relish collaborating with a team of clients, U/X designers, copywriters and project managers
- 3+ years of digital agency, start up or consulting firm experience
- Portfolio of great design and UI design
- Comfort working in multiple prototyping tools and platforms
- Strong sense of how cognitive elements of proportion, motion, color and interaction all play in design
- Proficiency in Adobe CC suite including Photoshop, Illustrator and XD
- Strong grounding in UX best practices, principles, methodologies and tools – and a driving need to experiment and try new tools and techniques
- All the buzzwords: conceptual, craft, strong attention to detail, team player