Sr. User Interface Designer
The Digital Product team is looking for a Senior User Interface Designer with strong visual, user interface, and interaction design skills to join our team. We are building a completely new generation of digital product for transportation and mobility, and we’d like you to be a part of the revolution. We bring together designers and developers at the top of their game to invent, prototype, iterate, and ship software that matches the quality of the internet giants, and leaves the traditional automotive industry in the rear view mirror.
Our team consists of experts from the automotive, entertainment, internet, and consumer electronics industries. We’re looking for talented, curious, and passionate designers looking to do the best work of their careers.
A body of work is crucial to the application process. For serious consideration, please submit a link to your work (portfolio, Dribble, etc.).
· Design digital products that are thoughtful, beautiful, and usable.
· Evolve rough ideas into pixel-perfect interfaces.
· Have a strong knowledge of layout, color theory, typography, and iconography, and apply that knowledge to designs
· Communicate clearly with your team.
· Work closely with Product Owners and Engineers on moving a product from idea to public release.
· Push the limits of your knowledge, have the humility to admit when you don’t have an answer, and have the curiosity to figure it out.
· Lead and teach your hard-won insights in User Experience design with more junior designers.
· Meaningfully contribute to a shared set of best practices, standards, and living application design guidelines.
· Discover what matters to users and help determine not just what things look like, but how they work and what we build next.
· 5+ years of professional experience shipping and iterating on digital products
· Mastery of industry standard tools like Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Principle, et. al.
· Good taste and a strong body of work which demonstrates an understanding of IA, UX, UI, and IX
· Great communication skills and a history of teamwork and collaboration
· Experience with rapid prototyping, from paper to pixels
· Software engineering skills (you will not be expected to write code, but having an understanding of it helps when you interact with the engineering and product team)
· Writing skills: specifically, concise, engaging, user-focused copy
· Being a self-starter, working well with little oversight
PERKS + BENEFITS
· Free, in house, catered lunch every day
· Snacks and coffee available 24–7
· Health, dental, and vision benefits
· Paid vacation time every year, plus a full week of paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s
· Paid maternity and paternity leave
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Sr. User Interface Designer