As a member of the team for 7+ months, UI designers will focus on creating beautiful, thoughtful, and consistent visual designs and interfaces! Experience designing for Mobile Apps is required.
At Aquent's client, UI Designers weave visual hierarchy, typography, illustration, color, space and texture together to help our users successfully navigate our products. You’ll rely on user-centered design principles to produce high-quality product experiences —from concept to execution—across many platforms. Like all of our UX jobs, you’ll collaborate with your fellow designers to constantly refine the design language.
1. Communicate effectively in a cross-functional product development team and present ideas and designs effectively.
2. Produce product design specs, icons, diagrams, templates, and style guideline documents for use in developer documentation.
3. Present the user interface visually so information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find. Visual hierarchy
* BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field.
* 3-7 years experience working with UX designers, researchers, content strategists, product managers, and engineers to deliver end-to-end UI documentation (wireframes, functional specs, mocks, visual specs, production assets, prototypes)
* Experience with mobile apps
* Experience in Photoshop, Illustrator and/or Sketch
* Ability to juggle multiple priorities on tight deadlines without compromising quality. Strong command of web design or mobile design landscapes.
* Collaborate with product managers and UX lead to define product requirements and UX strategy
* Collaborate with UX research to plan research, and derive insights from the results
* Work with UX lead, UX research and content strategist to define workflows and page layouts
* Take input/requirements from multiple stakeholders
* Participate in regular design reviews and other team-wide design efforts
* Strong verbal and written communication
* Attention to detail in design documentation
* User focused
* Core design skills; ability to illustrate and establish visual hierarchy, layout, typography, and color effectively.
Nice to haves
* Experience designing enterprise products
* Experience observing and running user research
* Experience prototyping and/or implementing designs with HTML/CSS and/or mobile SDKs.
* Considerable success as a UI designer, evangelist, creative director, or design consultant working with web or mobile technologies.