Our client is seeking a Sr UI Design Technologist to work a one year contract with a strong likelihood of extension in SeaTac, WA. The UI Design Technologist will help drive the future design of our $3 billion, multi-channel e-commerce business. You’ll work across several product teams, partnering with UX researchers, product designers, product managers, content strategists and other functions in the design and delivery of high-performing user experiences for the company homepage, our mobile apps and kiosks.
You’re the right person for the role if you have a passion for pixels and interactivity, are driven to create engaging experiences in a multi-device world, and are fearless in the face of constraints. You bring relentless attention to detail in translating complex experiences into high-quality visual and interactive elements that embody the brand. If someone asks “Are you a Designer or a Developer?” And you have a hard time answering, we want to talk with you!
- Building out pieces, helping connect with designer and developers, rapid prototyping
- Work as an advocate for the design team while interacting with designers during the design process.
- Put forth a clear vision for future design and apply a forward-thinking, stratigic mindset in collaborating with fellow product and UI designers and engineers to go from where we are today to the vision state.
- Collaborate with fellow UI designers to inform the design language for the company’s digital solutions.
- Work with UX research and analytics to evaluate designs and incorporate findings – applying a test and learn approach.
- Collaborate with marketing colleagues to align designs with the brand.
- Communicate effectively to diverse audiences including e-commerce team members and executives.
- Provide clear direction for engineering teams to properly implement designs.
- Meet a high bar, efficiently delivering quality designs.
- Apply user-centered design best practices, from interaction, usability and visual design fundamentals to accessibility standards, balancing user needs with business goals and technology capabilities.
- Participate in ideation sessions and desigh reviews to push the boundaries of our work.
- Inspire a design-driven culture.
- Bachelors’ degree in user experience, interaction design, graphic design or other related field preferred.
- 5+ years in related field required.
- E-commerce experience preferred.
- Product design agency experience preferred.
- Experience with Lean UX and agile product development.
- Expert understanding of typography, color, grid and composition.
- Working knowledge of the old favorites (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite) and latest design and prototyping tools.
- Knowledge of digital platforms and design guidelines, cross-browser compaitiliby, accessibility standards, various web-related optimization techniques, etc.
- Passion for mobile-first experiences and a deep familiarity with responsive design techniques.
- Strong conceptual and visual thinker – with a broad toolset for communicating complex ideas.
- Hands-on skills designing for gesture and touch interfaces including related motion, animation and micro-interactions.
- Passion for keeping up with current design trends and best practices and technology innovation.
- Demonstrated experience in elevating a brand’s visual language into digital experiences.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Must have portfolio demonstrating skills along with thought process.