Aquent's Fortune500 client in Woonsocket, RI is looking for a UI Architect for a 6 month assignment with strong potential to extend beyond.
The company is embarking on a bold digital agenda to transform health care and empower millions of customers on their path to better health. We are creating innovative digital solutions that will make health care more accessible, more integrated and more reliable for more people, online and in our stores. We are looking for passionate, driven people who want to join a high energy and growing team to make a difference in customers’ lives and who want to be on the ground floor of digital innovation that aims to reinvent what a pharmacy and a health care company can be. .
We are looking for hands-on, passionate, driven people who want to join a high energy and growing team to make a difference in customers’ lives and who want to be on the forefront of digital innovation that aims to reinvent what a pharmacy and a health care company can be in the digital world. The UI Architect a leader who creates architectural vision and strategy to support the company’s business needs. You will work with cross-functional teams to define, design and implement our next generation UI frameworks to support front-end web experiences. You will also work with Product and UX teams on developing state-of-the-art user centered customer experiences and own all aspects of UI through all phases of the software development life cycle.
• Research, architect and develop innovative digital solutions to engineer highly responsive and engaging web and mobile front ends with technical excellence
• Work closely with product owner to provide project estimates based on customer experience, features and envisioned solution
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use
• Implement rapid prototypes to evaluate solutions and ensure technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
• Ensure architecture and design of the solution is in alignment with overall enterprise architecture
• A customer-centric mentality/passion for building products with great UX
• Solve problems and pro-actively look for ways to improve our products, platform, and UI framework
• Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from, product management and back-end engineers Build reusable code and libraries for future use
• Provide thought leadership on future of UI framework and design concepts in architecting e-commerce applications
• Mentor junior software architects/engineers
• 10-12 years as a software engineer, with a minimum of 3+ years as a UI Architect for highly trafficked customer facing digital assets. Experience leading large scale UI transformations and design of re-usable User Experience subsystems highly preferred.
• Thorough hands-on knowledge working with XML, JSON, HTML, CSS, Webservices and API’s
• Experience with responsive, adaptive UI design and development
• In-depth knowledge of framework code and methods of component architecture
• Experience with a CI/CD pipeline, GIT, Stash, Bit Bucket, Artifactory, Jenkins, etc.
• Good understanding of SPA’s, asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
• Expert level optimization skills to improve performance, scalability, and usability
• A track record of writing clean, high quality, high performing, scalable code
• Good understanding of ADA and regulatory compliances
• Experience in one or more of the following cloud platforms: Cloud Foundry, Openshift, AWS Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine, Heroku, or other PaaS technologies
• Ability to influence, guide, and reinforce the adoption of standards and processes across the development teams.
• Ability to lead, train, and mentor other Engineers.
• Experience in web security
• Experience in UI performance testing and cross-browser compatibility testing
• Experience working with distributed systems
• Familiarity with the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques
• Experience building mobile applications
• Thorough understanding of concurrency, threading, algorithms, and data structures
• Data-informed product development through analytics, A/B testing, and user group testing
• Embrace end-to-end ownership of projects
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Strong presentation and verbal communications skills
• Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Agile certification is a plus