Aquent's Fortune 500 client is looking for a Trend Manager of their Home Decor (drapes, bedding, etc.) Division to work a 3-month contract, with a strong possibility of extending, on-location for 40 hours/week, in Plano, TX
- Support the execution of consumer & global trend consistently across the company
- Create and drive category-specific home & consumer trends strategy for assigned categories from the overall company trend direction
- The Home Trend Manager will coordinate category strategy in partnership with the Divisional Trend Director and drive consumer trend execution through collaboration with the Buying Team, Private Brand Team and Design Team.
- Drive innovation and new ideas for assigned categories to drive sales
- Travel to stores/markets/shows to discover new products & opportunities, while building trend direction for categories
Breakdown of Major Activities:
- 30%: Communicate and interpret trend to translate into each assigned category in order to drive sales and gross margin. Lead objectives with Divisional Trend Director with goal to fully develop concepts effectively, efficiently, & on timeline. Involvement in execution thru coordination with design team and merchants. Project collaboration with respective team.
- 20%: Create Inspiration Boards for each category that incorporates corporate trends while specifically addresses each category of business. Collaborate with design team/divisional director on assortment to build category trend.
- 20%: Build market awareness through competitive shopping, analysis, attending shows, utilizing trend shopping/services, flea markets, cross industry shopping, and international retail experiences.
- 15%: Contribute to building the corporate trends.
- 10%: Collaborate with designers & CAD artist to build design elements that incorporate trend concepts for assigned categories.
- 5%: Research and deliver new ideas that will achieve sales & margin goals.
- 5 years experience with trend management, creating trend strategy and building market awareness (for a major corporation is a MAJOR plus)
- Proven success in driving sales and gross margins across an assigned category in a related role
- Experience creating inspiration boards
- Must be familiar with Photoshop and Keynote
- Must be able to travel, as needed, to support the business