Our healthcare client, located in Burbank, CA has an immediate need for a contract Training Coordinator/ Instructional Designer. This position will require travel, up to 50% at times, however, candidates must be local to Burbank, CA. Client will require drug and background screening
1. Collaborate with team members (including union staff) and leadership on a regular and consistent basis.
2. Analyze, plan, schedule, and coordinate internal and vendor training classes to completion.
3. Project coordinate/manage vendor training classes to completion.
4. Plan and facilitate collaboration activities and meetings within and outside of the immediate training team for the implementation and evaluation of internal and vendor project training sessions.
5. Conduct research to support teams, customers, and vendors training requirements and scope.
6. Identify, mitigate and remediate training risks and issues.
7. Develop training materials and deliver training classes in support of Operations and Program Team as required.
8. Create training evaluations and evaluation results reports on a regular basis.
Skills a Top Candidate Should Have:
1. An understanding of the SDLC (System Development Lifecycle)
2. An understanding of Organizational Effectiveness and Organizational structures
3. Technical skills in MS Office Suite (including Excel, Visio, Project) proficiency (On a scale of 1 – 5; rate oneself a 3 or above); Web Ex, MS Outlook, Skype, SnagIt, Adobe Standard (for publishing and file maintenance); MS SharePoint
4. Telephony infrastructure and/or telecommunications background
5. Call Center/Contact Center experience
6. Training coordination/organization/scheduling
7. Critical thinking and problem solving skills to perform analysis and determine recommendations that support solutions
8. Training project management
9. Proficiency using the complete ADDIE (Analyze, Design, Develop, Implement, and Evaluate) and/or SAM (Successive Approximation Model) methodologies
10. Training evaluation development and distribution
1. Training Coordination
2. Training Project Management
3. Training Delivery (Employing ADDIE, Passive vs. Active Learning, Change Management, Adult Learning Theory)
4. Instructional Design (ADDIE and SAM methodologies)
5. Ability to work in an office and remotely alternatively (not up to contractor, but dependent on business needs. Please see more information below)
6. Training metrics data collection and reporting (ROI – Return on Investment)
7. Great observation skills
8. Personal accountability and a drive for results
- Capability of working with and supporting multiple levels within the organization (from front line union and non-union, clinical, non-clinical staff to executives)
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to influence positive outcomes
- Team building acumen
- Emotional Intelligence
- Awareness of personality traits and communications style to adjust as necessary
- 3 years minimum experience required
- Prefer AA/AS degree, but HS Diploma/GED required. (Would prefer candidate with Degree (AA/AS/BA/BS), but open to candidates without a degree if they have equivalent experience and have all the qualifications requested. If no degree, must have 4 additional years of experience (7 minimum years’ experience required).