Job Type: Contract, W2 through Aquent
Hours: 40 per week
Duration: Ongoing; likely to convert to perm after 1 year
- Develop project schedules with input from and in collaboration with Account Management, Creative and Production—setting daily due dates for various stages of work and actively communicating with colleagues throughout project lifecycles to ensure schedules are maintained and/or updated.
- Monitor project deliverables, prompting those working on various aspects to execute assigned tasks within the prescribed timeframes both in terms of budgeted hours and due dates—following up on timing established for copy, concept, design and production files, notifying the appropriate parties if/when changes occur.
- Distribute new creative work requests as initiated by Account Management, ensuring that input is complete and easy to understand.
- Reject work requests that are deficient and/or do not contain sufficient information for project schedules/budgets to be developed.
- Develop and distribute weekly status reports for all “active” jobs; conduct weekly (or as needed) traffic meetings to review status of jobs and prioritize work across project teams, resolving discrepancies as needed.
- Expedite “rush jobs” in such a way that department workflow process and the orderly flow of projects in process can be maintained.
- Maintains a clear and reasonable vision of next steps and the big picture during project meetings and/or whenever project parameters change.
- Proactively manages details throughout project lifecycle, ensuring that deliverables are executed in a timely manner.
- Will have some management/supervisory responsibility for Traffic Coordinator.
- Bachelor Degree
- Requires 5 – 7+ years of work experience in creative communications and/or advertising with senior-level experience in a traffic position; agency experience required.
- Thorough understanding of creative development process combined with demonstrated success building and/or evolving project workflow systems.
- Proven project management skills, in particular successfully managing deadlines while juggling multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced agency environment.
- Strong organizational, communication and problem-solving skills
- Customer oriented with a collaborative spirit and a drive to continuously improve.
- Working knowledge of multi-channel (print, digital and production) processes and techniques, along with creative computer skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required; experience working with automated agency workflow system(s) a plus.