The Production/Design team deliver a range of materials both for clients and internal customers. Reporting to the Operations Director, the Production Planner is responsible for managing the scheduling, trafficking and quality of all work delivered by the team allocating resources appropriately; and will be responsible for delivering these on time, to budget and to brief. This will cover all aspects of sub-editing and design.
• Liaise with project leads/managers within the business to agree production schedules for all external and internal projects and ad hoc design requests and manage and plan all team work accordingly
• Ensure all internal processes are adhered to enabling the production/design function to operate effectively and to relevant business priorities
• Partner with project managers to uphold agreed project management/production principles.
• Manage people resources to meet project requirements, calling upon freelancers as necessary to meet requirements and deadlines
• Ensure jobs are delivered on time, to budget and to brief, managing client group expectations accordingly
• Hold regular production meetings to manage current work schedules and undertake forward planning to ensure adequate resources are in place in line with forthcoming activity
• Ensure a clear brief (deliverables, timescale, budget) is in place and is received before a project is accepted and is booked into the department
• Maintain a live contacts book of suppliers e.g. Printers, creative materials
• Where external suppliers have been used to produce deliverables, ensure deliverables meet our production standards before disseminating internally
• Maintain a live book of freelance creatives (sub-editors, graphic designers, illustrators) and book freelance resources as and when required, negotiating day rates and handling relevant paperwork (work agreement, NDAs etc)
• Responsible for day-to-day management of the Production/Design team
• Responsible for efficient digital file management and timely archiving of project materials and files upon project completion
• Manage the stock and budgets for product-based design
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs