As part of Corporate Marketing/Creative Services, the Traffic Manager is responsible for the resourcing, scheduling, and trafficking of all creative projects initiated by internal business partners, ensuring that all work is completed accurately and on deadline through the establishment of proper timelines.
The Traffic Manager/Coordinator will create custom schedules based on the agreed upon deadlines and workflows. They will be responsible for managing projects at all stages from the original request to closing the project and ensuring accurate pricing has been captured in the system.
The ideal person will be skilled at performing in a high-volume deadline-driven environment.
• Creates customized schedules and manages the flow of creative projects, creating timely work schedules and efficient workflow processes.
• Responsible for ensuring all jobs are completed on budget, and within the approved timeline.
• Effectively communicates and enforces production schedules and deadlines, managing the timely adherence to established deadlines and notifying Marcomm Managers when deadlines are in jeopardy.
• Generates and maintains daily priority list for the creative services team.
• Serve as day-to-day liaison between Marcomm Managers and creative team members and/or external agencies and vendors, providing updates on job status, clarifying questions, and troubleshooting problems.
• Verifies the accuracy and integrity of all job requests for missing or inaccurate information and follows through with communication to the Marcomm Manager.
• Analyzes workload in terms of project quantity, complexity and deliverables due dates to predict resource needs.
• Develop sound and effective solutions to issues and problems that impact a project deadlines.
• Facilitates internal and creative reviews with leadership, and members of the creative team.
• Manages budgets and closing projects in system to ensure that the appropriate price is assigned, including rush and revision charges.
• Resource management and allocation of projects based on the individual strengths/weaknesses of the team.
• Ensures all project files are saved in Digital Asset Management tool.
• 4-year college degree. Degree in Advertising or Print Production preferred.
• A minimum of 5 years traffic experience preferably in an advertising agency environment or in house creative team.
• Strong background in Marketing Communications.
• Demonstrable experience and ability to manage all aspects of creative production– from project inception to completion.
• Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills with the ability to analyze alternative solutions and prioritize quickly within tight deadlines.
• Detail oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment, managing multiple projects without supervision.
• Experience using Marketing Communications project management systems.
• Ability to develop and implement new systems and procedures.
• Thorough knowledge of print production processes and operations.
• Ability to work effectively with people of varying backgrounds and professional experience.
• Strong initiative and customer service focus.
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experience with pre-flighting and Adobe software preferred.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.