Traffic Manager – Freelance and Perm opportunities available
Innovative Tech Start-Up
Paying up to £50k doe / day rate tbc
Our client is an innovative tech start-up going from strength to strength. They are passionate about what they do and the product on offer is unlike any other out there.
The Marketing team is made up of an experienced group of ex-agency and client side marketers, including a full in-house creative studio team. As this team and the company global focus grows, they need an experienced Traffic Manager to manage the effective and strategic allocation of our creative resources.
You will be responsible for the smooth and effective allocation of new work to the team, understanding the requests and managing the day-to-day resourcing requirements. Working closely with the entire marketing management team, the Traffic Manager monitors and directs the movement of all jobs through the creative development process, updating schedules and team members as required. You’ll be the ‘go to’ person and the lynchpin that keeps the studio running.
If you have been involved in improving processes in a similar in-house or agency role this might be for you!
1) Running weekly resource meetings alongside stakeholders, forecasting upcoming work, ensuring that all work is allocated a deadline, signed off and resourced appropriately.
2) Acting as first point of contact for any resourcing issues that arise, knowing how to keep a calm head under pressure and troubleshoot accordingly.
3) Ensure that all team members are fully briefed, aware of timelines and have all the relevant documentation/ information needed to complete their work.
4) Building up an extensive network of freelancers and recruitment third parties, forging strong working relationships. This also includes the induction and setting up for freelancers, ensuring that they have all relevant documentation.
5) You will take ownership of adhoc admin, including tracking approved holidays, briefing in new team members on correct procedures, etc.
You will have:
1) Experience managing a creative team, spanning design, artwork and client services, taking ownership of the creative services division.
2),Experience managing the workflow for large volumes of work/ traffic management in a creative agency environment.
3) A meticulous eye for detail, strong in internal process and always leading by example.
4) An avid multitasker, you’ll appreciate that this role requires wearing many hats and being a natural troubleshooter. You’ll work well under pressure and know how to appropriately manage expectations across the agency, to ensure that high quality work is consistently delivered on time and within budget.
5) Coordinating incoming work requests and allocating to Studio staff (UX designers, visual designers, copywriters) based on availability and skillset, and adjusting as necessary.
6) Working with relevant teams to understand schedules and timelines for project integration and completion and dealing with emergency requests.
7) Managing the schedules and workloads of all studio staff including contractors on a daily basis.
8) Supporting the management team in running the workflow process, including arranging and running brief assessment meetings, prioritisation meetings and resource allocation meetings.
9) Supporting the HR manager in managing our freelance staff, including budget approval, requisition raising and contract renewals.
10) Producing standardised status reporting to management stakeholders, showing backlog, work in progress, resource allocation and highlighting where prioritisation is required.
The team is a mix of experienced entrepreneurs, people who have worked at the highest levels in large global organisations, academics, and bright graduates – it’s a good balance, and it’s important for them that they get the right person who is happy working alongside people from these backgrounds. Relaxed and focused office in West London, with regular team socials, and we expect to add more benefits as they grow. A culture that encourages curiosity and imagination in how they achieve their goals, and an absolute focus on building a global business.
They are looking for someone to start this role as soon as possible and they will consider pure freelancers for 1-2 months while they also recruit for the perm role. Possible temp to perm hire is also on offer for the right candidate.