Creative Services Project/Traffic Manager
Our Diagnostics client is a seeking a Creative Services Project/Traffic Manager to join the Creative Services team.
Project Management or Traffic Management is a MUST and needs to be clearly shown on any resume submissions.
As Creative Services Project/Traffic Manager, you will be responsible for drafting, tracking, and managing project deadlines, ensuring projects move through internal channels on time; identify scheduling problems, and negotiate solutions with appropriate staff. The individual is responsible for the management of Creative Services online project tracking database (WorkFront) and day-to-day data entry across online systems, with the assistance of the Traffic Coordinator., including proofreading deliverables for accuracy.
The position reports to the Creative Director, and assists with developing, planning, analyzing, and evaluating information for projects, managing priorities, resources, assignments, and project tasks.
You will work closely with internal marketing partners in the coordination/intake of all necessary project input.
Manage Creative Services Workflow
- Ensure availability of Creative Services resources against coming workload in partnership with the Creative Director
• Create production schedules by mastering online project management software: the team adopted Workfront on 1/2017.
- Handle all departmental billing and reconcile monthly (freelance support)
- Act as key contact for WorkFront software vendor
- Manage photography workflow with AD: create shot lists, schedule photographers/stylists, traffic samples, payments, download files.(4 times a year)
- Act as occasional Art Buyer, negotiate and purchase rights-managed creative
Manage CS resources
- Management of Creative Services PTO time to ensure proper skilled staff is always on hand
- Help identify full-time and temp labor needs
- Work with Staffing firms to negotiate temp labor rates and agreement
- Process internal approval and on-boarding of temp labor
Critical Working Relationships
The Project Manager will partner with:
- Creative Director to manage the functioning of the group
- Creative Services staff to ensure project work is scheduled and staffed correctly
- MarComs in order to facilitate the on-boarding and execution of client project work.
- Report directly to the Creative Director
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Must have expert knowledge of the Creative Services Group roles, process and products
- Must bring expert level skill in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PPT)
- Must have working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Must have knowledge of both digital and traditional channels
- Knowledge of print production: vendors, file prep, timelines etc. a huge plus.
- Must be comfortable communicating with internal partners on the topic of work schedule and product deliverables
- Must be resourceful, solution-oriented problem solver
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field
- Must have at least 5-10 years of experience as project manager, senior traffic coordinator or
- 6-8 years of experience working with agency creative teams and Marcoms in an in-house or independent agency environment
- Demonstrated experience in recognizing standards of design and production values for print and digitally based projects
- Proven understanding and prior experience working in both the traditional and digital media realms
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, oral and written communications
- Proven successful project management and time management skills
- Experience working successfully in and managing highly collaborative teams