Europe's leading entertainment company and serves over 22 million customers across five countries. Our business in the UK and Ireland has come a long way since
starting out as a satellite broadcaster in 1989 and we’re not stopping there. We’re home to award-winning teams for everything from Customer Service to SMG Commercial, from
Technology to Finance, meaning there’s plenty of opportunity for you, no matter what your career goals. The newly created SMG Commercial Group will be responsible for driving customer value
& satisfaction within the UK. This includes developing all pricing, packaging and commercial propositions, customer value management, below the line marketing, go-to-
market & route-to- market strategy, and in-quarter trading & performance. As a valued employee, you’ll benefit from a free premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme, private health care and a share save scheme. There’s a range of other benefits to help you make valuable tax and national insurance savings too.
Job Purpose/Key Responsibilities
The Trading Manager will be part of the team responsible for the in-quarter optimisation & forecasting of a wide product portfolio. They will need to understand the trading levers available to them (e.g. media spend, product mix, agent incentives, customer propensity’s, subscription & upfront fee discounting, RTM mix & performance, and competitor intelligence), and make recommendations to optimise customer and P&L performance. They will need to be strong collaborator with the Product Commercial team, Trading teams, CSG and finance to ensure the leadership team makes informed and timely decisions.
1. Trading Expertise – Become the expert in your specific product sales, good understanding of the keys drivers of trading performance at a route to market level to ensure that the available levers to optimise customer & P&L performance in- quarter are utilised.
2. Trading insight –Deliver a suite of trading insight to ensure that trading performance can be articulated accurately and in a timely manner – including root- cause diagnosis of any over or under performance.
3. Forecasting – use your trading insight and expertise to build accurate forecasts of product performance to ensure an accurate outlook for overall net growth and financial forecasting. Use the latest tools and automation to speed up and improve the accuracy of our forecasting
4. Provide mitigation or go-faster recommendations – Use your trading insight to identify opportunities / risks to our forecast and make recommendations to the Controller, HOD and Director of Performance on options to course correct to ensure the business continues to grow and flourish; generating revenue, customer and profit growth.
- Credible and able to present work up to the Director of Performance, with excellent presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Brilliant collaborator – able to work across a matrix organisation with the Product owners, Trading Teams, CSG and finance to ensure the leadership team makes informed and timely trading decisions
- Tireless and results driven mentality, able to continually critique and optimise performance with a Positive mind-set
- Ability to understand financial and commercial indicators, needs great attention to detail and ability to prioritise workloads according to business focus
- Excellent numeracy skills along with technical skills including excel/database/modelling; with the ability to manage and maintain large and complex data in a variety of formats to build actionable plans - spreadsheets, templates and trackers
Qualifications 2.1 university degree 2.1 (or equivalent)
Understand principle knowledge of forecasting, model building, Data analysis and building insights
Industry Experience +5 years working in a Media business within the sales & marketing function
Technical Skills Advanced in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint