Reports to: Head of Trading
Division: Commercial Group
Base location: Osterley
Overview – Department and the perks
My Client is Europe's leading entertainment company and serves over 22 million customers across five countries. Our business in the UK and Ireland has come a long way since starting out as a satellite broadcaster in 1989 and we’re not stopping there. We’re home to award-winning teams for everything from Customer Service to SMG Commercial, from Technology to Finance, meaning there’s plenty of opportunity for you, no matter what your career goals.
The newly created Commercial Group will be responsible for driving customer value & satisfaction within the UK. This includes developing all pricing, packaging and commercial propositions, customer value management, below the line marketing, go-to-market & route-to-market strategy, and in-quarter trading & performance.
As a valued employee, you’ll benefit from a free premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme, private health care and a share save scheme. There’s a range of other benefits to help you make valuable tax and national insurance savings too.
Job Purpose/Key Responsibilities
The Trading Controller will be responsible for the in quarter retention trading performance for TV Products, TV Premiums and Home Communication products. Working closely with CSG teams, the Trading Controller will develop all aspects of the Value and BB CoE retention estates to ensure trading plans are executed brilliantly and commercial targets are achieved.
The Trading Controller will manage a team of two people and be critical to making the Value/BBCoE RTM and the overall Commercial Group successful. They will need to be strong collaborators with the various product owners, CSG, SSP, CSP and finance teams to ensure optimum performance is obtained by the RTM
1. Trading Execution – Working with CSG and support teams from within CCO, execute the quarterly trading plans within the Value/BBCoE RTM. Play a leading role in understanding performance and identifying development opportunities to improve RTM performance and efficiency. Work with the Head of Trading to provide mitigation options to allow in quarter course correction assess impact of options with trading performance and finance teams and follow through to getting trading options live and implemented.
2. RTM Development – establish “what excellent looks like” and optimise performance by utilising existing tools and new technologies. Apply the principles of marginal gains to design and deliver consistent improvements into the Value/BBCoE RTM.
3. RTM Feedback Loop – become the business expert in Value/BB CoE that understands factors and influences on RTM performance. Combined with closeness to what our customers are saying to us when they contact, provide the business with a continual feedback loop to influence trading strategies.
4. Build a brilliant team – work with the Head of Trading to develop talent within the team, coach them and raise the bar to deliver excellence in terms of RTM performance and revenue management from customers who have contacted the Value/BBCoE retention estates.
- Credible and able to present work up to the MD Trading, with excellent presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Brilliant collaborator – able to work across a matrix organisation with the product owners, CSG and finance to ensure the leadership team makes informed and timely trading decisions
- Great people manager
1. Able to build a team coach, mentor and train a mix of individuals to deliver results
2. Ensure that the behaviours are embedded within the team, inclusive of equal opportunities and the diversity agenda
3. Actively manage direct reports and provide one to one coaching and mentoring to stretch and develop
- Tireless and results driven mentality, able to continually critique and optimise performance with a Positive mind-set
2.1 university degree 2.1
+5 years working in a FMCG business within the sales & marketing function
+5 years working in a Media business within the sales & marketing function
Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint