Overall Role Purpose
Accountable for the development and delivery of automation products that satisfy the business needs and ensures strategic alignment with the business' objectives for digital innovation and simplification.
• Develop the vision, strategy and roadmap for how we will use Automation and related tools across the business to simplify and standardise the core digital technologies
• Lead the delivery of the strategy through implementation of the tools and automation product roadmap
• Build and lead the Tools and Automation Centre of Excellence within the organisation, working with delivery teams to prioritise the development of the features and new capabilities for our Business Units. In order to do so, the individual will need to build a strong cross-functional team that will pioneer this capability across the organisation.
• Work closely with the Strategy and Architecture team, Digital Team and key suppliers to identify and deliver opportunities to use automation.
• Seek opportunities across the business to maximise the value and benefits of tools and automation.
• Build and manage relationships with stakeholders and colleagues across the Group.
Job Requirements - Knowledge and Skills
• Demonstrable and compelling experience operating in senior IT Architecture leadership role.
• Demonstrable experience of designing and implementing automation solutions
• Proven ability to own, develop and maintain the vision, strategy for the automation tools and products and govern other architects/ service provider solutions.
• Excellent knowledge of modern information technologies, services & architectures, including Cloud. Capable of effectively engaging with a wide range of IT specialists, suppliers and business stakeholders to define the best approach to infrastructure architecture and design to achieve successful business outcomes.
• Experience of large enterprise environments including strategic and architectural integration of new digital services with legacy systems (e.g. Mainframe).
• Expertise and certification in IT Governance and Enterprise Architecture best practices (e.g. COBIT and TOGAF)
• Good knowledge of Agile and ITSM (e.g. Scaled Agile Framework and ITIL)
• DevOps – an understanding of automated provisioning and deployments
• Technical solution design knowledge and skills
• Strategy development expertise
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Overall Role Purpose