The Technology and Operations Marketing lead drives marketing around our Technology and Operation’s offering. Working with key pieces of global content such as the Technology Vision and generating UK specific content to drive awareness of our offerings internally and with clients. The role also involves working with our alliance partners and the global Technology and Operations Marketing team to help deliver and maximise key events such as the Salesforce tour or AWS summit.
The Technology and Operations Marketing Manager role requires a highly motivated individual with experience and expertise in marketing & communications. The successful candidate will be excited by the potential of how technology can change lives and keen to understand the content for the different areas of Technology and Operations such as Test, DevOps and Cloud. The role requires a team player willing to get involved in brand building platforms, messaging and comms and events. Encompassing activities across the marketing mix, the candidate will gain experience in digital and social media, events, comms and collateral creation, as well as creative partner and stakeholder management.
Leading a small team, the Manager supports and owns the delivery of various activities across the promotional plan, driving market awareness and understanding across the team & business, through:
• Working with senior stakeholders across Technology and Operations to develop and deliver a Marketing Plan that supports our Technology and Operations offer
• Ensuring that the plan supports and is integrated with the business’ overall marketing ambitions
• Executing a variety of relevant programmes to drive awareness of and promote Technology and Operations
• Working with Marketing colleagues particularly in Client Centric Marketing and industry to drive content across the range of channels
• Delivering fresh, cutting edge marketing collateral that bring our main messages to life; working with and managing external creative partners
• Translating global content and activities into locally relevant material; leveraging other teams’ initiatives where appropriate
• Executing digital marketing and social media programmes, and capturing the success metrics and analytics behind programmes
• Planning for participation in and at select brand platforms – both internal and external – including conferences and events, industry speaking and networking opportunities
• Working with other internal colleagues, including media relations and social media, to amplify content and messaging
• Ensuring that all programmes are evaluated based on agreed metrics, with regular progress updates are reported to senior management
• Budget management
• Compiling and updating market research on competitors
• Team management
Knowledge and skills requirements:
• Understanding of the business and overall strategy
• Creative concepting skills; project management
• Good relationships and team management skills
• Multiple stakeholder relationship
• Thorough understanding across the marketing mix, with experience in delivering multichannel programmes
• Understanding of the different Technology offers and activities within the business
• Independent and self-motivated, while being happy to work in a team
• An interest in Technology and comfortable developing knowledge in new areas
- Bachelor’s degree, university degree or equivalent
- Work Experience: Solid experience in Marketing for a B2B company; experience in creation of content and delivery of programmes; events experience
- Work Requirements: Minimal travel (related to event execution) depending on geographical span
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Understanding of business content and how to apply to business issues and problems
• Experience in stakeholder management
• Understanding and ability to apply marketing concepts, branding and message development skills.
• Relationship building skills and experience of liaising with senior stakeholders.
• Understanding of budget management and financial reporting
• Ability to develop and apply creative, workable solutions to project-related issues.
• Strong oral and written communications skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to deliver well-executed deliverables in support of business strategy.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs