Contract to start ASAP and run until 30th June 2014
Reason for the role:
Previous person left the role.
Our client is a global technology company who wants to ‘meet their customers where they are at’ – which means finding out where they go, listening to what they talk about, engaging with them in their language, style and tone that they are used to and encouraging them to join on the journey from whatever starting point they are at.
What’s most important:
· Proven editorial and content marketing skills
· Currently in an editorial or sub editor role
· Background & knowledge in B2B technology
· Demonstrates high level of collaboration across multiple stakeholder groups
· Understands how to create brand appropriate voice (non-corporate) which can build authentic, relevant, interactive B2B relationships in social media
· Excellent oral and written communication skills including writing for a variety of mediums & channels
Preference will be given to candidates who:
· Currently publish a personal blog or other form of digital content on a consistent basis
· Demonstrates a connection with a primary audience (IT Pro’s/developers/designers/tech influencers)
· Has a friendly, fun and open communications style
The Developer Platform and Evangelism team (DPE) is at the forefront of new technology. Its customers have expanded from a purely technical audience to anyone who builds an app or service for their customer. The pace is fast, proactive and fun with a start-up ethos (learn as you go).
The team have a strong messaging framework focused around telling a broad technical story with strong calls to action. They want to inspire with attention grabbing headlines and the editor will play a key part not only in taking those messages to their audiences but listening, analysing conversations and monitoring the effectiveness of that messaging and suggesting improvements and innovative ways of connecting with their audiences.
The UK Technical Audiences has many facets – Emerging developers – web developers, app builders, start ups, students, hobbyists; Established developers (traditional Enterprise developers, mainly focused on .NET) and IT Pro’s. This role is focused around the latter two audiences but may be required to work across all to support team agility.
A large part of this role will be to drive the audience’s journey. Like a magazine there will be several features that you will nee to edit including regular features, industry news, new products, skilling up and training. Another large art of this role will be to address the negative perceptions around .NET and client development and the shift towards apps. A balance needs to be taken between talking to them about apps and talking to them about what affects them day to day, balancing our alignment with scorecard metrics and developer satisfaction.
The role of the IT Pro Team is to evangelise the latest technologies to the IT Pro audience, ensuring that they are engaged with the messaging and are motivated to try and learn. The IT Pro element of this role is aimed squarely at the IT Pro audience which includes: Infrastructure Specialist/Manager, IT Manager, Datacentre Manager, Systems Administrator and Desktop Manager.
Day to day the role will work in close partnership with the wider DPE editorial team, Evangelists and Marketing Managers to define and execute a strong editorial programme to drive maximum impact and results. You will also work closely with the depth Evangelism teams, product teams, PR and other groups to share best practice, align on messaging and audiences and commission and curate content from developers, designers, agencies and brands that resonate with the target audiences.
The TechNet and Established Developers editor will focus on 3 areas:
1. Commissioning content from the wider DPE teams, MVP community, IT Pro community council, agencies, IT Pro’s, developers and designers, aligning to the magazine headlines to support the messaging framework.
2. Working with the social media community manager to support the amplification of and engagement with content produced.
3. Using community feedback, analytics and social media to inform and shape the editorial themes/headlines to ensure you are responsive and meet your audience where they are at.
How to be successful:
To be successful, you will have managed websites, blogs or other channels and executed a robust and impactful content marketing programme that drove audience, engagement and business results.
In addition to the broad technical audience DPE have specific intent with strategic audience subsets for both Developer & IT Pro. These audiences are where the client will focus thhe efforts to acquire new contacts and grow our audience reach.
Key Accountabilities, Tasks and Activities:
• Commission and edit content for the ‘magazines’, including written articles, videos, infographics and any other media created to tell the audience story and drive audiences through the funnel from discovery to advocacy.
• Manage editorial for email communications to align with the magazine headlines.
• Be an expert in what content resonates well with your audience/s using Business Intelligence from analytics to feed into the content strategy – what works well, what doesn’t and at what times and in what types of content should we invest?
• Owning the ‘magazine’ content for your audience/s: planning, ideation, executing and gaining insights from reporting, working closely with the wider editorial teams including Evangelists to ensure message alignment.
• Create content, as well as suggest/plan key social campaign content in close collaboration with the Social Media Community Manager and Evangelists.
• Be the main point of contact for editorial for your audiences across the business
• Participate in editorial meetings and take a lead on content direction and specific articles for your audiences
• Source and integrate relevant images to publish with any written content
• Identifying wider ecosystem (partners, influencers, industry groups) and manager as part of an outreach program
• Provide ongoing competitive benchmarking, best practices and innovation ideas to team
• Responsible for editorial and some social media coverage at 1st and 3rd party events
Deliverables and KPI’s examples:
• Demonstrate how your content is driving your audiences through the funnel from discovery to advocacy.
• Increase the value of content produced.
• Grow the readership of and engagement with your magazine/s.
• Work with relevant Corp teams to integrate content in key Corp owned channels.
• Show how content marketing positively affects IT Pro and Developer satisfaction.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Contract to start ASAP and run until 30th June 2014