Our global consulting client is looking for a Technology Communications Manager to support their team in Chicago. This person will be responsible for developing and managing an integrated marketing strategy to help grow Technology business around the world. Working as part of the Technology Marketing & Communications team, this position will be responsible for leading internal communications and managing relevant external marketing activities to support achieving the business priorities of Technology Services. This will include developing and executing executive, program and employee communications and integrating messages with external communications activities. You will work closely with the cross Technology Communications team and Technology Services Marketing & Communications leads across multiple business functions. This person must quickly understand, analyze and communicate the latest technology services innovations and trends, and be inspired by working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Successful candidates will be experienced in developing and shaping content and packaging messages into both internal and external digital channels.
- Interpret Technology Services business priorities and programs into integrated communication plans for internal and external audiences, as appropriate.
- Develop and execute Technology Services internal communications plans and programs at a global level, orchestrating communications across key business entities, engaging a large diverse audience.
- Proactively identify and develop messages and content that informs, educates and inspires both target internal and external audiences.
- Interpret complex technology solutions and innovations, working closely with senior stakeholders and subject matter experts. Sample deliverables include internal memos, stories, case studies, articles, news releases, industry analyst responses and briefing prep materials, PPT presentations and talk tracks, sales toolkits, web and social media content.
- Project manage and help spokespeople prepare for “communication events” including analyst briefings, webcasts and conference presentations.
- Develop and introduce new, digital communication approaches that engage, educate and inspire people.
- Manage review, approval and distribution processes ensuring communications are segmented and targeted for relevant audiences.
- Work in an office and take every opportunity to network and collaborate with local colleagues.
- Technology industry marketing experience preferred. • Minimum of 10 – 12 years’ experience in marketing and communications, preferably with some experience in the technology industry; experience in applying marketing concepts; branding and message development skills.
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement and measure multi-faceted marketing plans and programs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop content, including synthesizing complex technology topics and writing new pieces.
- Bachelor degree required, prefer in marketing & communications.
- Preferred candidate will be familiar with: how large enterprises use technology, the CIO job role, software engineering (in general) and recent enterprise technology trends including automation and AI.
- Confidence, presence and personal credibility to establish successful relationships.
- The ability to present and communicate ideas clearly and persuasively at all levels to multiple audiences.
- Creative drive, energy, innovation and enthusiasm – never satisfied with status quo, always striving to break new ground and bring new marketing techniques and channels to the forefront.