Scope of Project:
Support and manage content updates for Consumer and Business web properties. This includes coordinating the work of a remote offshore team. Work hours will be split approximately 50 / 50 between onsite & offshore time zones.
• Triage requests for work from multiple projects, work with clients to clarify unclear requests, and assign work requests to appropriate staff.
• Monitor workload & progress of onsite as well as remote team and adjust priorities in individual queues for work backlog as needed.
• Communicate consistently and keep team members and clients well informed of changes as it relates to their projects.
• Assist with onboarding new resources (e.g. request appropriate systems access).
• Content entry into an enterprise Web CMS
• Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of processes around traffic management and lead improvement efforts (may include influencing clients & staff to change work processes and/or learn new tools)
• Depending on workload and skills, traffic manager may be asked to pitch in on some of the work itself.
• Experience with content entry and Web Content Management Systems; TeamSite experience a plus
• Good organization Skills
• Excellent verbal/written communication
• Negotiation Skills
• Problem-Solving skills
• Good personality/attitude
• Attentive to detail
• Adaptable to change
• Sensitivity in working with people from different cultures
Additional Bonus Skills:
• Background in any of the disciplines of our department, including: graphics design / production, editorial, front-end development, and interaction design.
• Project management
High school graduate or 5 years traffic management experience equivalent. B.A. preferred.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs