Our client, one of the world's largest information technology companies, seeks technical writing support for an up and coming printing device. This is a great opportunity to work mostly from home (or our office in Portland, if preferred), for someone living close enough to Vancouver, WA to commit to on-site presence there 1-2 times per week. This is a contract role, with benefits, that will last through October 2015.
The initial phase of this project will entail compiling 100 PowerPoint and Word documents into a single document, which covers common defects noticed during unit testing and recovery procedures specific to the in-development of this device, and will become the basis for user and service documentation as the product goes live. If successful, this project will expand to include similar documentation for other printers, and/or additional documentation projects related to this product.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with experience documenting software and/or hardware
- Basic photo/graphics image resizing/manipulation skills
- Experience interviewing SME’s (in this case program managers and test engineers)
- Excellent client communication skills
- Experience in the high-tech sector
- Basic understanding of mark-up languages is a plus (XML preferred, but HTML acceptable)
To Apply: Please apply through our website. If you experience technical difficulties, please email: akijanka [@] aquent.com