Our client, one of the world's largest information technology companies, specializing in the development and manufacturing of computing, data storage and networking hardware, as well as designing software and delivering services, seeks a mostly off-site Technical Writer capable of commuting to Houston for occasional meetings. This is a great opportunity to work from home for someone who is close enough to Houston to commit to on-site presence up to once a week.
Focused heavily on hardware, our candidate will help develop documentation for servers used in data centers. This documentation may include service manuals, user guides, reference manuals, and reference guides. Experience creating documentation in the servers space is highly sought.
- Apply advanced subject matter knowledge to complex business issues and act as subject matter expert
- Design and develop written and/or visual product-related information hard copy, web, and online information
- Analyze customer information requirements and product specifications to define technical content strategy and plan
- Write, code, build, compile and test online information and/or set-up, load and test systems hardware to create information deliverables and provide feedback on ease of use and user interfaces to product development
- Adhere to client standards, style templates and sheets, scripts, and script and graphic libraries to ensure common look and feel
- Interface with cross-function areas as a member of the product development team
- Direct/lead the work of others if/when necessary