This is a 3 month assignment in support of a special project.
• Create, edit, and maintain procedural documentation including but not limited to department policies and SOPs, user and training guides under general instruction.
• Write, edit, produce, and maintain online documentation.
• Research and translate technical information into manuals and/or web-based documents for non technical and technical users.
• May document engineering processes and specifications.
• Collect data by interviewing specialists, researching written material, attending training and demonstrations, using software, and observing users
• Recommends formats responsive to technical and customer requirements.
• Update documents and help develop a standardized method for cataloging, versioning and retiring documents.
• Support quality assurance efforts, assemble documentation for audits and ensure that documentation is compliant with federal regulations.
• Successfully manage multiple projects from concept to publication under tight deadlines
• Collaborate with departmental staff to collect and interpret input from IT or other departmental personnel.
• Practical lab experience preferred, multiple disciplines e.g. QA, Engineering; Research a plus.
• Strong knowledge of the Internet and the associated technology and architecture.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to work as part of a team.
• Strong proficiency with PC applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Windows.
• B.S. or equivalent