The Technical Writer will work with cross-functional teams on a contract basis to produce approximately 22 qPCR white papers demonstrating equivalence data before and after a manufacturing change. The technical writer will apply his or her writing, editing, graphics, layout and project management skills to producing the series of white papers to meet project timelines. A successful writer will be a team player with a positive attitude and a commitment to quality.
- Develop the white paper templates for key product groupings based on input provided by subject-matter experts, product managers, and other project team members.
- Write clearly and concisely to meet the needs of the target audience.
- Work with subject matter experts to edit graphics, tables and data figures for use in the documents.
- Where needed, manage submission and review cycles of artwork to an internal MarCom group for final editing.
- Produce white paper documents in Microsoft Word.
- Manage review cycles to ensure timely feedback by stakeholders.
- Participate in project meetings as necessary.
- Work with minimal supervision and manage time effectively.
- Manage multiple documentation projects simultaneously.
- Release documentation according to our site processes.
- Follow all processes, style guides, templates, and corporate branding guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., physical science, English, or technical communication) preferred; professional experience will be considered in lieu of this
- 2 years of experience writing technical or process documentation
- Understanding of basic principles of qPCR highly preferred
- Ability to organize information logically
- Ability to write clearly, concisely, and accurately
- Keen attention to detail and high regard for quality
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Word and preferably some of the following: Illustrator, CorelDRAW, and Photoshop
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong project management, relationship management, and critical thinking skills