Our client is seeking a Technical Writer with expertise writing Web Services or API’s and an understanding of design documentation to create the API documentation frameworks that connect worldwide carriers with internal shipping API’s.
Join our team where you will participate throughout the review process, collaborate across internal API review boards, leverage your love of variety; and thrive in our collaborative environment.
This is a rare opportunity to help establish a functional content design format from scratch and has the potential to convert to full-time!
- Transforming technical documentation from tech teams and TPMs into a professional and customer friendly Carrier Facing Specification (CFS) document that is capable of being published to prospective carriers
- Participate in all steps of the review process; starting from a technical review to assess accuracy and completeness, followed by a PM review to evaluate business coverage and identify use case gaps, before a final review with the Carrier Managers (CMs) to tailor the document to the carrier, so that we are left with a final draft which the TW can productize.
- Work with peers to learn about existing internal document building, translation, and publishing tools, so that they can help the team define acceptance criteria for CFS production documentation standards.
- 5 years in a technical writing role
- Proven experience designing and delivering customer-oriented documentation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working directly with development teams
- Experience with an XML-based authoring system preferred skills
- Experience documenting Web Services and API best practices
- Familiarity with shipping carriers and/or shipping services