We are looking for a Technical Writer who has a solid foundation in computer science, can quickly learn new technologies, can write clear and accurate technical descriptions, and is highly motivated to use their skills to participate with engineering teams to create documentation that describes complex, state-of-the-art software architecture, object models, and functions.
Responsibilities include working with senior software engineers and architects to create and update documentation. You will also be responsible for addressing technical document issues filed against the content. You will be a collaborative partner with developers, program managers and editors.
Qualifications include a strong grasp of core computer science concepts and, preferably, experience with Windows code development. Experience with C++, C#, Visual Basic, and .NET is required, with actual coding experience preferred, but not required. Our writer will, at a minimum, need to be able to read and understand code. The ability to interact with a highly collaborative team, to operate independently, to work under tight deadlines and to handle multiple areas of responsibility is a must.
- Excellent writing ability, with available technical writing samples.
- Ability to read and understand C++ and C# required; ability to code preferred.
- A high comfort level for rapidly learning and applying new technologies.
- Proactive problem-solving skills, both with own assignments but for overall team processes as well.
A PLUS if you have:
- Experience in ADO.NET.
- Windows Server 2008/IIS administration experience.
- SQL Server administration experience, an understanding of relational database design and SQL query development.
- A BA/BS degree in English, Journalism, Computer Science, or Technical Communications, or equivalent expertise.
Please apply on our site. If you experience technical difficulties, please email: akijanka [@] aquent.com