Aquent Studios is hiring a technical writer to support our business in the Portland area. Our client is one of the world's largest information technology companies. This contract position will focus on developing service manual documentation for the client, specifically for technicians and IT professionals. It will require the tear down and troubleshooting of hardware and software, and installation of parts and software. This project will continue through October, although there is a good chance it will extend. The work will be performed part-time on site at the client's offices in Vancouver and part-time from home.
Ideally, we are looking for candidates with the following skills and abilities:
- XML, Arbortext Editor, and Vasont experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or relevant experience
- 2+ years of technical writing experience
- Understanding of hardware and software (drivers, installers, utilities), product development, product integration.
- Proficiency with computer applications and languages, such as XML, SGML, HTML, Framemaker, MS Word, and Excel, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Illustrator.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in the high tech industry working with multi-faceted, technically complex projects which have required interaction with numerous people.
We will consider candidates relatively new to technical writing who have prior experience working with structured writing methodologies and a high technical aptitude for software and hardware.
Aquent Studios provides equipment, training and project management support for our contract consultants. We offer excellent medical and dental benefits and 401(k). If you experience technical difficulties when applying for this position, please send an email to: akijanka at aquent.com