You will collaborate with product experts including UX designers, product managers, and engineers to help guide Environmental Health and Safety toward better tools and services worldwide. You'll also make it easier for brands to manage their presence on our client site by creating end-to-end tutorials and documentation.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent writer with strong editorial skills who has a passion for great user experience and a knack for simplifying and explaining technical concepts, as well as be well-versed with designer and developer audiences. You should be comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, and be a creative and analytical problem solver with a passion for delivering excellent documentation across multiple teams, locations and languages. As a Technical Writer you will create and test documentation as well as manage translation projects worldwide. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
If you're comfortable creating technical documentation in a fast-paced, exciting environment, with people who are exhilarated by quickly shifting project priorities, this is the position for you.
- Drive the development and produce documentation
- Create and maintain document creation and translation SOPs for Environmental Health and Safety
- Independently follow designs and standards to develop and deliver documentation worldwide
- Conduct peer edits for grammar, style, and form
- Help define writing projects
- Help assess market feedback on adoption of our services
- A minimum of 5 years in a technical writing or lead writing role.
- Proven experience designing and delivering customer-facing documentation.
- Experienced using multiple documentation tools to develop base templates and manipulate output styles.
- Experience with XML-based publishing systems.
- Experience working directly with development, product and UX teams.
- Experience managing translation projects and service contractors.
- 7+ years in a technical writing or lead writing role.
- Obsessive about technical accuracy and clarity.
- Must be an excellent written and verbal communicator.
- Passion to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly-changing environment.
- A proactive and open-minded attitude to resolving problems and delivering results.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
- Experience writing in a structured authoring environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Leadership experience in field.