We are looking for a Technical Writer to work on the Strategy & Business management team to create some content deliverable for the system they are building to address the justice gap. Some of the key deliverables include:
- Technical guide
- Operations guide (FAQs, Admin Training)
- Work with key stakeholders (PM’s and Solutions Architect) to come up with documentation plan requirements including an outline, documentation plan, and key content deliverables.
- Create system technical documentation that complies with documentation plan requirements to handoff to the Legal Services and public government entities. Audience: developer.
- Develop and test any complex user scenarios that show how to use the product being documented.
- Review existing source materials including wiki page, comments in code, and guidelines for development.
- Work with SMEs (architects and engineers) to gather and obtain technical information and convert feedback into documentation.
- Responds to reviewer feedback and incorporate feedback as needed.
- Take complex ideas and synthesis the information to create documentation that is clear, easy to understand, and nicely organizes.
- Must be able to participate in planning and design, and contribute to a project from end to end with minimal supervision.
- 3+ years’ experience creating technical documentation, writing content for developers.
- Ability to take complex ideas and synthesize it for the average developer
- Ability to work in a dynamic, changing environment.
- Proactive communicator, consultative, and ability to drive communications and engagement.
- Experience working with technical product teams supporting technical audiences.
- Experience with GitHub preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Communications, Journalism, English, Computer Science or related field preferred. Work related experience may substitute for degree.