Researches, designs, develops and writes technical information online or in print for a variety of audiences and purposes. Produces documentation that complies with documentation plan requirements. Obtains technical information from project developers, program managers, product managers, testers and product support personnel; converts specific feedback into documentation. Responds to editorial and reviewer feedback.
This team handles special projects, does traditional research and creates their own product out of it (i.e. health, AI, silicon futures). It’s a very exciting org, and is always changing. It is a newer team (~ 3 years) and they need someone to come in and help button up process, policies, procedures, etc. This person will be working closely with manager and create workflow and documentation. Might also work on onboarding documents for the entire org.
- Work on documentation.
- Meetings with stakeholders and SMEs.
- Reviewing documents, policies, etc.
- Creating workflows.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Familiar with at least one of these tools: SharePoint, OneNote, Visio
- Must have excellent writing, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to combine technical expertise with technical communication skills.
- The ability to work under deadline pressure.
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Communications, Journalism, English or related field preferred. Work related experience may substitute for degree.