Our client, a Fortune 500 software company in Dallas, is looking for a Tech Writer to join their team!
Our client's Security Operations team is responsible for detecting and responding to cyber threats targeting systems, applications, infrastructure, information, and users. As the Technical writer, you will curate, maintain, and update all procedures, playbooks, and externally-facing processes for SOC engagement. Additionally, you will ensure all personnel have appropriate access to key documentation, both within security, and within the business as a whole.
THIS POSITION WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Retrieval, organization, analysis and synthesis of subject matter and transformation into standard operating procedures, standards, guidelines, and playbooks.
- Creation and maintenance of software product documentation, including operational and maintenance instructions and other technical publications such as technical advisories and release notes.
- Maintenance and updates to standards and guidelines for all documentation.
- Curation of documentation permissions for viewing and editing.
- Ensuring that all documentation is periodically reviewed for content, accuracy, and continued relevance.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3 – 5 years of security-focused technical writing.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to think critically and assess the needs of the organization for project prioritization.
- Ability to multitask, ensuring that multiple initiatives are delivered in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of security tools and cloud services, including IaaS/SaaS offerings, and various network/endpoint/SIEM technologies.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and practices.
- Rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Excellent listening, problem solving, management, and analytical skills.
- Effective collaboration at all levels of an organization, across diverse cultural and linguistic barriers, and among a geographically distributed team.
- Ability to collaborate effectively as part of a team and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to quickly adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Ability to prioritize projects and work items.
- Flexibility in facing new challenges and changes in direction as priorities change with the business.
- Ability to self-motivate, work within a team, and concerned with the details of a project or task.
- Positive and constructive attitude in the midst of challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- CISSP, Security+, or similar.