We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Writer in the AI & Research team. The writer will focus on a variety of internal / external AI products and *must* be able to work in dynamic / highly-ambiguous environments to author UI text, error message text, and Help content.
Check this out:
- In 2009, we were a distant #3 search engine. Today, we serve 1 in 3 US searches and have more than 21% of the US search market, and growing.
- We have a tangible track record for realizing big dreams and ambitions with the best engineers. And here’s the kicker, we’re just getting started.
- Search is advancing faster than ever and we need your help to grow!
- We continue to invest billions in Bing R&D each year. That’s right – billions! This illustrates how critical Bing is for the company’s future.
- Our teams solve some of the hardest problems in the most important and dynamic areas in our industry, including natural language & speech understanding, knowledge services, machine learning, high scale computing, advertising marketplaces, big data, design, etc. We also leverage the most modern development processes in the industry.
- As we ignite incredible experiences for hundreds of millions of consumers, our promise is that we’ll continue to empower you to do your best work HERE.
Got your attention? If so, read on…
Are you a world-class writer who is looking to play a pivotal role in the content development and customer experience for AI core products? Do you excel at building positive, collaborative relationships with partner teams? Can you drive multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment? If so, we want to talk to you! Here’s a bit more about what is expected from this position:
- Definition & Design: A critical component of this role is to author content to simplify task completion, mitigate support escalation, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Product: You must be able to engage with partners to gain an understanding of our business, the strengths and weakness of our competition, as well as the pain points of our customers. You will be required to translate that knowledge into content that delights customers and maximizes the value of our products and businesses.
- Project management: You must collaborate effectively with other functional groups (Design, User Research, PM, Development, Test, Marketing, Localization, peers, etc.) to ensure that content is delivered on time and conforms to a high quality bar.
- Expertise: As a proactive, self-starter, you must become a SME and an effective customer advocate. You must be comfortable with articulating core scenarios for content and leveraging both qualitative and quantitative customer feedback to shape content. You must also understand prioritization strategies based on team goals, and understand how to drive efficiencies in a fast-paced environment.
To be a successful candidate, you must have a track record of designing and delivering high quality content experiences that focus on customers and the scenarios they care about. You must thrive in highly ambiguous environments. You must be creative, passionate, and slightly quirky. You will need a solid understanding of information architecture, including UI text. You will also need a proven track record spanning all aspects of the content / product lifecycle. Experience authoring XML-based content and a solid understanding of XML are required.