Researches, designs, develops and writes documentation component for a business analyst/data scientist audience. Produces documentation that complies with documentation plan requirements. Obtains technical information from project developers, program managers, business analysts, data scientists and other stakeholders; converts specific feedback into documentation. Responds to editorial and reviewer feedback. Produces a significant portion of a complex documentation set that complies with documentation plan requirements. Develops and tests complex user scenarios that show how to use the product being documented. Works effectively with program management, business analysts/data scientists, and other internal stakeholders as needed.
Specific projects may include the following:
- Create tutorial of how to use the library. This will include documenting the processes for sending/receiving new query request, creating new query, updating an existing query, storing queries, publishing queries, and any other process steps associated with creating or updating the query library.
- Review the current query library, including content and materials supplied by SMEs. With this information, Aquent will provide structure, process, procedures, etc., and documentation of same.
- Review and update Data Engineering documentation. This includes 1) Documenting SQL, SQL DW, and Kusto tables and columns in a data dictionary with descriptions and 2) SkyEye documentation update and develop content on how to use reports.
- Review and update Experimentation documentation. This includes growth hacking and education materials.
- 5+ years of technical writing experience required.
- Experience or knowledge of SQL preferred.
- Experience with Business Intelligence (BI) and/or experience with data analytic tools.
- Must be able to accomplish objectives that span multiple product or subject areas, and possess proactive and strategic problem-solving skills.
- Must have excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Must be able to participate in planning and design, and contribute to a project from end to end with minimal supervision.
- Strong project management skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to combine technical expertise with technical communication skills is required. Demonstrated ability to oversee a complex documentation set.
- The ability to work under deadline pressure is required. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Communications, Journalism, English or related field preferred. Work related experience may substitute for degree
**Position will be mostly remote, and on site for meetings as needed**