Seeking a Technical Writer for a client outside Boston in North Reading, Massachusetts!
- Create work instructions for all product lines install in the field
- Self-starter, comfortable operating in new domains
- Manage quality documentation for suppliers to ensure alignment with the check listing process
- Work with cross functional teams within deployment and our 3rd party partners to develop training modules and quizzes in our online portal for tracking certification
- Maintain our internal wiki page with the latest information and make changes as required
- Assist in creating eye charts to map all the documentation with each other
- Be creative to design new standards and formats for the training program and quizzes
- Responsible for department wise communication in regards to new updates to documents and change management by recording and publishing the change in a bulletin form
- Assist the BI team to define success criteria & effectiveness of the learning and development program
Day to Day
- A lot of the role is spent initially talking to the Subject Matter Experts (SME's) which are the deployment execution teams (site teams) to gather data and gather latest information on each of the product lines.
- 70% of your time will be spent putting documentation together: training/user manuals/software training/ HTML/Updating Wiki page
- Will be up keeping our internal Wiki page up to date for referencing purposes
- Cross-referencing between documents
- Make sure all product lines have the most accurate information listed.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of manufacturing process documentation
- Knowledge of how to write in wiki / HTML
- Good technical writing skills with creativity to develop their own templates and standards
- Strong work ethic, desire to learn and be challenged, self-driven and motivated
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, English, Communications or another technical communication-related field