One of our Fortune 500 clients is looking for a proven Technical Writer to be ON LOCATION in their Boston Office.
- Financial services knowledge. ***
- 7 years of technical writing experience. ***
- Strong relationship and project management skills. ***
- Establish overall functional direction for corporate-wide, cross-lifecycle projects.
- Establish project plans and manages deadlines. Identifies and resolves cross-organizational issues.
- Manages documentation project by developing deliverable design and organization, leading efforts of team technical writers and independently preparing documentation.
- Monitors status of assigned projects.
- Serves as senior writer and assumes sole responsibility for large, complex writing projects.
- Serves as an expert regarding particular technical writing application, e.g., printing/production, on-line help, graphics and design, editing.
- Edits documentation projects, including literary and developmental editing as well as copy, pre-press and accuracy editing.
- Develops and maintains relationship with client, manages expectations and ensures that client adheres to established schedule.
- Train, mentor and provide guidance to technical writers. Set technical writing standards.
- Maintain documentation of standards and templates.
- Keeps current on and researches developments in technical writing practices, products, trends, etc.
- Distributes relevant information to department. Bachelors Degree in English or equivalent.
- Financial services knowledge.
- 7 years of technical writing experience. Strong relationship and project management skills.