Help tell our privacy story and build customer trust.
Seeking a creative technical writer to develop documentation for enterprise and government partners. Must be adept at combining and adapting detailed technical descriptions of technical functionality into a coherent and consistent narrative.
In this role you will work closely with privacy program managers and engineers to understand and document detailed technical functionality as well as privacy practices and procedures demonstrating how we protect our customers data and respect their privacy rights. The documentation will be shared with regulators and key enterprise customers as part of our obligation to be transparent with how Windows processes personal data.
Working with the privacy team to collect, review, and discuss Data Protection Impact Assessment templates created by product teams. Creating a high-level topic template for how to talk about these assessments in “story” form for the regulators. This will not be process-driven, more of a conceptual and informational level of detail. Writing the story content within the topic template.
- A solid Technical understanding
- A desire to tell compelling, impactful stories that inspire customer trust
- A love of delighting customers with content
- 3-5 years of writing experience (technical writing experience to a consumer audience/story telling experience)
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Technical Communications, English, or an additional 2 years of experience